Want a clear conscience?
Then you must…
- M atch your vehicles speed and direction to the traffic.
- O bserve accurately.
- R isks identified and kept to a minimum.
- A ttention kept to a high level.
- A wareness of road and traffic situations.
- L imitations, know yours and the vehicles.
- S kilful use of the vehicle controls.
The foundation of good driving is the ability to use sight, hearing and even smell to gain information about driving conditions.
Open your eyes:-
Most people only look at what is going on directly in front of them. Look in the distance as far as you can see then check out the middle distance before returning to the foreground. Check the sides and rear of the vehicle to build a bigger picture of all that is happening about you. Use all your mirrors and turn your head (it wont fall off!).
Look for other clues to give you an advanced warning of hazards.
Reflections in shop windows, tree lines, eye contact with other drivers, cross views and other road users position, speed etc are just some of the aids available to you.
Know and read road signs. These will give you an advance warning of hazards that you can build into your driving plan.
© 2015 – 2019, CyprusDriving. All rights reserved.