Speed and Safety
These are the key points to remember:
- Do not drive at speed unless you are competent and it is safe to do so.
- Be familiar with the controls and the handling characteristics of your vehicle – use the controls smoothly.
- High speed driving requires maximum alertness. If you cannot achieve a high level of attentiveness because of fatigue or some other cause, reduce your speed.
- Always drive so you can stop on your own side of the road within the distance you can see to be clear, by day or night.
- If you double your speed you quadruple your braking distance.
- Put into practice the skills developed. They are designed to maximize safety.
- Be aware of the onset of fatigue and take the appropriate action. Open a window or stop and take a break.
- No emergency is so great that it justifies an accident. It is far better to arrive late than not at all.
- To avoid having to speed and to reduce stress, plan to leave for your journey ten minutes earlier. This will allow you to arrive on time, safely and in a better condition.
© 2015 – 2020, CyprusDriving. All rights reserved.