How much can I drink and stay under the limit?
There is no fool-proof way of drinking and staying under the limit. It depends on:
- your weight
- your gender
- your metabolism
- what you are drinking
- how much you are drinking
- your current stress levels
- whether you’ve eaten recently
- your age
Drink driving in Cyprus.
High risk groups of drivers in Cyprus have a limit of 9 micrograms per 100 millilitres of breath (20 milligrams per 100 millilitres of blood).
High risk groups:
- Novice drivers
- vehicles transporting hazardous cargoes
The limit for most drivers.
The limit is lower than England and Wales and the same as Scotland at 22 micrograms per 100 ml of breath (50 milligrams per 100 millilitres of blood).
- The reading from 23 to 35 micrograms – fine €100 – 0 – 2 penalty points
- reading 36 to 55 micrograms -fine €200 – 2 – 4 penalty points
- reading 56 to 70 micrograms – fine €300 – 3 – 6 penalty points
- Over 71 micrograms – Prison or fine between €150 – €400 will be determined by the court – 3 – 6 penalty points
- Drunk in charge of a vehicle. Determined by the court