Starting from January 22, the traffic surveillance system in Paphos will be extended with the operation of 16 fixed cameras at five locations.
The aim is to reduce severe and fatal road collisions, according to a statement released by traffic police on Monday.
These cameras will monitor violations related to running red lights, crossing the white line and exceeding the speed limit.
- Four cameras have been installed at the intersection of Europe avenue, Yiannos Kranidiotis and Georgios Savvas.
- Four cameras will monitor the same violations at the intersection of Ellados avenue, Dimokratias avenue and Tassos Papadopoulos.
- Four have been placed at the junction of Ayios Anargyros avenue, and Spyros Kyprianou with Agapinoros Street.
- Two cameras will be positioned at the junction of Athens avenue and Christodoulos Sozos,
- Two more at the intersection of Chlorakas avenue and Griva Digeni with Ayios Georgios street.